Fans of Japanese martial arts, go see an impressive tournament/championship of judo, jukendo, karate, kendo or kyudo in June 2014 at the Nippon-budokan (Chiyoda ward, Tokyo). End Spring or begin Summer in Japan with the pleasure to see skilled Japanese boys and girls, men and women live their passion!
- 07 June 2014: 52nd All Self-Defense Forces Karate-do Championships. Free event.
- 08 June 2014: 56th Kanto Corporations and Companies Kendo Tournament. Free event.
- 09 June 2014: 36th All Japan Elders Martial Arts Tournament. Free event.
- 21-22 June 2014: 44th All Kanto Student Kyudo Championships. Free event.
- 28-29 June 2014: Heisei 26th Year All Japan Student Judo Championship (men: 63rd, women: 23rd). Entrance fee of 1.000 yens.
Notes: Judo and karate are practised without weapon, jukendo with an armour and a rifle replica, kendo with an armour and bamboo sword, kyudo with a bow and arrows.
If you wish to walk from your hotel to the Nippon-budokan, consider booking at Hotel Grand Palace. If you prefer a different style of hotel, you can walk a bit longer or ride a subway from Hotel Niwa Tokyo (Suidobashi station), Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan (Jimbocho station) or Tokyo Dome Hotel (Suidobashi station).
To also admire real Japanese swords, go shopping for equipment or learn about the Japanese culture, history, samurai, ninja… we recommend you to reserve a 1-day personalized tour in Tokyo or Kamakura during your trip in Japan!
- Nippon-budokan on Yes in Japan.
- Nippon-budokan = 日本武道館, Chiyoda ward = 千代田区 (Chiyoda-ku), Tokyo = 東京.