Traditional Japan before your eyes in Tokyo near Suidobashi and Ochanomizu train stations! Raw and grilled fish, saké, samurai swords, kendo armours, traditional everyday objects, and a Japanese garden with beautiful flowers and leaves… For this autumn and winter, Yes in Japan recommends you:
- Hanaya, restaurant with staff in kimono serving seasonal fish, crab, shells…
- Ippo, “izakaya” restaurant with fish, meat and Japanese alcohol!
- Saké Ichishimaya, liquor store with selected bottles of nihonshu and shochu.
- Shobu-do-sangyo, specialist store with kendo armours, bamboo & iaido swords…
- Sankei-shoten, Japanese antique and art dealer.
- Koishikawa Korakuen Garden, splendid in autumn thanks to its maple trees 🙂
Try these exceptional shops and the garden if you stay at a hotel/ryokan in Bunkyo ward or Chiyoda ward, study Japanese at a language school in Suidobashi, or visit the nearby Tokyo Dome City or Jimbocho Book Town!