Now in Tokyo or preparing your trip to Asia? Staying at a hotel in Tokyo near Iidabashi, Jimbocho, Kudanshita, or Suidobashi station? Visiting the gardens of Tokyo’s Imperial Palace? Discover carefully selected cultural spots, green spots, activities, restaurants, and shops north of the imperial palace in Chiyoda ward (Tokyo, Japan)! Our “autumn/winter 2014″ free map includes photos, discounts, information about English menus and credit cards… Download and print our free map valid until February 2015, available as 2 JPG pictures (front map, back events) and soon as a PDF file too to easily find restaurants and shops with support in English language:
For cultural tourism, including famous Shinto shrines:
- Jimbocho Book Town, and notably the outer wall of @Wonder,
- Jinbocho theater (old Japanese films),
- Kanda shrine (great for nighttime; lit-up until 23:00),
- Library of Manga & Subculture (manga, goods),
- National Museum of Modern Art,
- Ochanomizu Origami Kaikan (origami, paper dolls),
- Ota-hime Inari Shrine,
- Tokyo Grand Shrine,
- Tsukudo Shrine,
- Yanagimori shrine,
- Yasukuni Shrine.
For green tourism:
- Akihabara UDX bicycle rental,
- East gardens of the imperial palace,
- Eco-wall (see Jimbocho Book Town),
- Kitanomaru park,
- Koishikawa Korakuen Garden.
- Martial Arts Hall of Japan (tournaments, lessons). Watch a world-class martial arts tournament!
- Toyokuni Atelier (sumi-e ink wash painting),
- Yes in Japan (tours & translations by our travel agency).
For food and drinks, we enjoyed Japanese and foreign meals at the following restaurants:
- Brasserie St. Bernardus (Belgian beer and food),
- Daruma Jimbocho (taiyaki stuffed pancakes),
- Hanaya (Kaiseki seafood),
- Ippo (izakaya with lots of alcohol),
- Kanda Yabu-soba (soba buckwheat noodles),
- Loving Hut (vegan food),
- Mamekohboh (coffee),
- Marebito tea house (green tea),
- Mokuchi-jimbocho (fried chicken),
- Nikuya-no-shojikina-shokudo (meat),
- Nishiki (sushi raw fish),
- Petit Bonheur (vegetables, fruits, sweets),
- Sapana (Indian/Nepalese food), especially Sapana Suidobashi-ten,
- Shozantei (grilled beef),
- Tempura Hachimaki (fried seafood & vegetables),
- The Adirondack Café (burgers and jazz).
For money exchange and international money transfers:
For high-quality shopping, we recommend souvenirs & specialist shops including traditional stores:
- Bookhouse Jinbocho (books for children),
- Ebisudo Gallery (ukiyo-e woodblock prints),
- Kanda Chonko (handmade products),
- Laox Akihabara main store (electronics, cosmetics, etc.),
- Ony’s (kimono-style shirts),
- Saké Ichishimaya (bottles of nihonshu, shochu, etc.),
- Sankei-shoten (antiques and art works),
- Shobu-do-sangyo (kendo armours, swords),
- Suzuran-dori shopping district (see Jimbocho Book Town),
- Waku-waku-taro-no-yorozu-bako (anime goods),
- Yamagataya-kamiten (traditional paper Washi).
For your convenience, this Yes in Japan map also features churches, embassies, hotels, landmarks, post offices, 7-Eleven convenience stores to withdraw money with international cards, spots with free Wi-fi, the Kagurazaka district, Ochanomizu Music Town, Ogawamachi Sports Town, and Akihabara Electric Town. Besides, the brochure informs about emergencies, events, jogging, smoking, and classes: cooking, language, manga…
Access this area by subway or train using Akihabara, Awajicho, Iidabashi, Jimbocho, Kanda, Kudanshita, Ochanomizu, Ogawamachi, Shin-ochanomizu, Suidobashi, or Takebashi station :)
We are currently preparing the Yes in Japan map of Chiyoda Ward (North area) for Spring 2015, valid from March 2015. Share this page with your friends planning to travel to Japan!
* 2014 Summer: Jimbocho “Book Town” (Tokyo, Japan)