Nice! Tokyo’s Sumida ward, its tourism office and the Sumidagawa Edo Cultural Sightseeing Promotion Association organize a “Yukata De Guide Tour” special event in English for foreign tourists near Ryogoku station from 16:00 to 21:00 on Saturday 02 August 2014.
Imagine wearing a colourful Yukata summer kimono with traditional Geta wooden shoes, visiting the Kokugikan sumo arena, joining a tea ceremony in a Japanese garden, smelling and tasting Japan’s green tea from your cup, attending a concert of Koto (stringed musical instrument) and Shakuhachi flute, living a Haiku Japanese poetry gathering…
Then cruise the Sumida River at night to admire the lit-up Rainbow Bridge (Odaiba area) and modern Tokyo Skytree tower from a cute boat…
Finally, enjoy a festival with many small shops and Japanese people dancing a Bon-odori dance… You may even dance with them!
Why not live and enjoy the Japanese culture this Summer evening in Tokyo’s Sumida ward? Make a reservation for the “Yukata De Guide Tour” for only 4.500 yens (food included) before 29 July! Our Yes in Japan travel manager will definitely join 🙂
- Yukata De Guide Tour = ゆかたでガイドツアー (yukata-de-gaido-tsua).
- “Visit Sumida” tourism office = 墨田区観光協会 (Sumida-ku-kanko-kyokai).
- Sumidagawa Edo Cultural Sightseeing Promotion Association = 隅田川・江戸文化観光振興会 (Sumida-gawa-edo-bunka-kanko-shinko-kai).
- Yukata = 浴衣, Bon-odori = 盆踊り, Sumida river = 隅田川 (Sumida-gawa).
- Ryogoku station = 両国駅 (Ryogoku-eki), Sumida ward = 墨田区 (Sumida-ku), Tokyo = 東京.