Traditional Japan before your eyes in Tokyo near Suidobashi and Ochanomizu train stations! Raw and grilled fish, saké, samurai swords, kendo armours, traditional everyday objects, and a Japanese garden with beautiful flowers and leaves… For this autumn and winter, Yes in Japan recommends you:
- Hanaya, restaurant with staff in kimono serving seasonal fish, crab, shells…
- Ippo, “izakaya” restaurant with fish, meat and Japanese alcohol!
- Saké Ichishimaya, liquor store with selected bottles of nihonshu and shochu.
- Shobu-do-sangyo, specialist store with kendo armours, bamboo & iaido swords…
- Sankei-shoten, Japanese antique and art dealer.
- Koishikawa Korakuen Garden, splendid in autumn thanks to its maple trees 🙂
Try these exceptional shops and the garden if you stay at a hotel/ryokan in Bunkyo ward or Chiyoda ward, study Japanese at a language school in Suidobashi, or visit the nearby Tokyo Dome City or Jimbocho Book Town!
At Hotel Niwa Tokyo during your holidays? The Yes in Japan team recommends you to eat at one of these good nearby restaurants:
- Hanaya, to quietly savour fish and shells prepared in front of you by a Japanese chef.
- Ippo, for Japanese fish in a lively izakaya.
- Loving Hut, for the best vegan food around.
- Nago café, for Japanese noodles and meat like in Okinawa prefecture.
- Sapana Suidobashi-ten, for Indian/Nepalese food (vegetarian if desired).
For our latest recommendations near Hotel Niwa Tokyo and other hotels in Chiyoda ward, see our informative maps of Chiyoda ward 🙂
We distributed 20.000 Yes in Japan maps of Tokyo Jimbocho printed in English on A3 paper at hotels, shops, cultural centres, and special events in Tokyo this summer to help travellers, support local businesses, and promote tourism in Chiyoda ward (Jimbocho is its northern part). Many foreign tourists walked holding the map and the local community gave us much positive feedback! After seeing the digital version below, do you have suggestions or comments for an extended “Autumn 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho? What information do you wish for your first/next visit there?
Our “Summer 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho features hotels, subway/train station exits, Christian churches, Shinto shrines, post offices, and police stations. It also includes a calendar (flea market, martial arts tournaments…) and recommends:
- Activities & tours: Buddha Bellies Cooking School, Yes in Japan.
- Doctor: Natural care Suidobashi outpatient centre.
- Gift, souvenirs & specialists stores: Bumpodo, Ohya-shobo, Okuno-karuta, Sankei-shoten, Shobu-do-sangyo, Yamagataya-kamiten, Yamatoya-hakimono-ten.
- Nighttime: Jazz Olympus!, Ony’s bar.
- Restaurants: Hanaya, Ippo, Loving Hut, Muusa, Nago café, Otsumami-kaasan, Sapana Suidobashi-ten, Tempura Hachimaki.
Note: You can always download for free the latest Yes in Japan map of Jimbocho “Book Town”.