In Tokyo in December 2014? Enjoy a Japanese event in Chiyoda or Bunkyo ward! We recommend:
- 06 December 2014: Antique/flea market at Yasukuni shrine.
- 07 December 2014: Martial arts tournament at Nippon-Budokan (Karate, practised with hands & feet).
- 20 December 2014: Antique/flea market at Yasukuni shrine.
- 23 December 2014: Shinto ceremony for the Emperor’s birthday at Yasukuni shrine.
- 26-31 December 2014: Ultraman superhero shows at Tokyo Dome City in Prism Hall with live fights, activities for children, etc.
- 28 December 2014: Shinto purification ceremony for the end of 2014 at Kanda shrine.
- 31 December 2014: Shinto purification ceremony for the end of 2014 at Kanda shrine and Yasukuni shrine.
Reserve a half-day personalized tour if you wish a Yes in Japan tour guide or conductor to accompany you before, during or after an event!
We distributed 20.000 Yes in Japan maps of Tokyo Jimbocho printed in English on A3 paper at hotels, shops, cultural centres, and special events in Tokyo this summer to help travellers, support local businesses, and promote tourism in Chiyoda ward (Jimbocho is its northern part). Many foreign tourists walked holding the map and the local community gave us much positive feedback! After seeing the digital version below, do you have suggestions or comments for an extended “Autumn 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho? What information do you wish for your first/next visit there?
Our “Summer 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho features hotels, subway/train station exits, Christian churches, Shinto shrines, post offices, and police stations. It also includes a calendar (flea market, martial arts tournaments…) and recommends:
- Activities & tours: Buddha Bellies Cooking School, Yes in Japan.
- Doctor: Natural care Suidobashi outpatient centre.
- Gift, souvenirs & specialists stores: Bumpodo, Ohya-shobo, Okuno-karuta, Sankei-shoten, Shobu-do-sangyo, Yamagataya-kamiten, Yamatoya-hakimono-ten.
- Nighttime: Jazz Olympus!, Ony’s bar.
- Restaurants: Hanaya, Ippo, Loving Hut, Muusa, Nago café, Otsumami-kaasan, Sapana Suidobashi-ten, Tempura Hachimaki.
Note: You can always download for free the latest Yes in Japan map of Jimbocho “Book Town”.