Nago Café closed permanently tonight. It is a pity because the Japanese chef Tsugumi NASHIRO cooked delicious Okinawan cuisine at this restaurant…
Check our selection of best restaurants in Chiyoda ward to eat great Japanese food near Jimbocho subway station or Suidobashi train station. For other areas, see the Yes in Japan list of selected restaurants in Tokyo 🙂
At lunch, we savoured a black cabbage and pork stew with Italian-style bread in Tokyo at Nago café. You can enjoy this special dish until Saturday 11 October 2014!
1000 yens (= 9.1 Dollars = 7.3 Euros) per person well spent 🙂
Nago café is a restaurant in Chiyoda ward, just a few minutes walk from Jimbocho and Suidobashi stations, Travel Stand Japan, Hotel Niwa Tokyo, Hotel Villa Fontaine Kudanshita, and Hotel Villa Fontaine Jimbocho (F4 on our Yes in Japan map):
At Hotel Niwa Tokyo during your holidays? The Yes in Japan team recommends you to eat at one of these good nearby restaurants:
- Hanaya, to quietly savour fish and shells prepared in front of you by a Japanese chef.
- Ippo, for Japanese fish in a lively izakaya.
- Loving Hut, for the best vegan food around.
- Nago café, for Japanese noodles and meat like in Okinawa prefecture.
- Sapana Suidobashi-ten, for Indian/Nepalese food (vegetarian if desired).
For our latest recommendations near Hotel Niwa Tokyo and other hotels in Chiyoda ward, see our informative maps of Chiyoda ward 🙂
We distributed 20.000 Yes in Japan maps of Tokyo Jimbocho printed in English on A3 paper at hotels, shops, cultural centres, and special events in Tokyo this summer to help travellers, support local businesses, and promote tourism in Chiyoda ward (Jimbocho is its northern part). Many foreign tourists walked holding the map and the local community gave us much positive feedback! After seeing the digital version below, do you have suggestions or comments for an extended “Autumn 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho? What information do you wish for your first/next visit there?
Our “Summer 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho features hotels, subway/train station exits, Christian churches, Shinto shrines, post offices, and police stations. It also includes a calendar (flea market, martial arts tournaments…) and recommends:
- Activities & tours: Buddha Bellies Cooking School, Yes in Japan.
- Doctor: Natural care Suidobashi outpatient centre.
- Gift, souvenirs & specialists stores: Bumpodo, Ohya-shobo, Okuno-karuta, Sankei-shoten, Shobu-do-sangyo, Yamagataya-kamiten, Yamatoya-hakimono-ten.
- Nighttime: Jazz Olympus!, Ony’s bar.
- Restaurants: Hanaya, Ippo, Loving Hut, Muusa, Nago café, Otsumami-kaasan, Sapana Suidobashi-ten, Tempura Hachimaki.
Note: You can always download for free the latest Yes in Japan map of Jimbocho “Book Town”.
In addition to savoury Okinawan food, Nago café (Tokyo) features relaxing artworks such as the cute seashell decorations made by MIYAGI Sanami, Japanese artist from Chiba prefecture whom we met today. What do you think of them?
Thanks to Ms. Miyagi for allowing us to use her photo, and good luck for her upcoming exhibition in Tokyo!
- Nago café = なごかふぇ, Tokyo = 東京.
- Chiba prefecture = 千葉県 (Chiba-ken).