Use our map, directions and photo below to easily find Yamashita-shikki-ten lacquerware shop (Shinjuku ward, Tokyo city) and admire/buy its beautiful Japanese lacquerware! Yamashita-shikki-ten is the lacquerware shop “1” (section B1) on our Get Japan map of Tokyo in spring/summer 2015:
From Iidabashi station: Walk north-west for 5 minutes from the subway exit “B3” or 7 minutes from the train exit “West”.
From Zenkoku-ji: Exit the Buddhist temple using the main gate, cross the street, turn left then walk 2 minutes.
From Sapana Kagurazaka-ten: Exit the restaurant, cross the street, turn left then walk 4 minutes.
The entrance of Yamashita-shikki-ten is easy to recognize:
Scared of getting lost in spite of all this information? Ask the Yes in Japan team to organize a personalized private tour including a visit at Yamashita-shikki-ten 🙂
Note: You can cycle to Yamashita-shikki-ten if you rent a bicycle at UDX building…
At Hotel Niwa Tokyo during your holidays? The Yes in Japan team recommends you to eat at one of these good nearby restaurants:
- Hanaya, to quietly savour fish and shells prepared in front of you by a Japanese chef.
- Ippo, for Japanese fish in a lively izakaya.
- Loving Hut, for the best vegan food around.
- Nago café, for Japanese noodles and meat like in Okinawa prefecture.
- Sapana Suidobashi-ten, for Indian/Nepalese food (vegetarian if desired).
For our latest recommendations near Hotel Niwa Tokyo and other hotels in Chiyoda ward, see our informative maps of Chiyoda ward 🙂
We distributed 20.000 Yes in Japan maps of Tokyo Jimbocho printed in English on A3 paper at hotels, shops, cultural centres, and special events in Tokyo this summer to help travellers, support local businesses, and promote tourism in Chiyoda ward (Jimbocho is its northern part). Many foreign tourists walked holding the map and the local community gave us much positive feedback! After seeing the digital version below, do you have suggestions or comments for an extended “Autumn 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho? What information do you wish for your first/next visit there?
Our “Summer 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho features hotels, subway/train station exits, Christian churches, Shinto shrines, post offices, and police stations. It also includes a calendar (flea market, martial arts tournaments…) and recommends:
- Activities & tours: Buddha Bellies Cooking School, Yes in Japan.
- Doctor: Natural care Suidobashi outpatient centre.
- Gift, souvenirs & specialists stores: Bumpodo, Ohya-shobo, Okuno-karuta, Sankei-shoten, Shobu-do-sangyo, Yamagataya-kamiten, Yamatoya-hakimono-ten.
- Nighttime: Jazz Olympus!, Ony’s bar.
- Restaurants: Hanaya, Ippo, Loving Hut, Muusa, Nago café, Otsumami-kaasan, Sapana Suidobashi-ten, Tempura Hachimaki.
Note: You can always download for free the latest Yes in Japan map of Jimbocho “Book Town”.