Coffee lover in Tokyo? Go to Mamekohboh coffee shops: they sell more than 40 types of coffee beans! Drink good/premium coffee there or ask for a takeaway; organic beans and soya milk are even proposed in option…
- Black coffee: 190 yens
- Milk chocolate: 260 yens
- Irish coffee: 340 yens
- “Spring” coffee beans (200g): 1058 yens
Open: 07:00/08:00-16:00/18:30 depending on the specific coffee shop (Sunday: closed)
Credit cards: Unavailable.
Menu: English, Japanese.
Mamekohboh coffee shops are the four spots 9 in the sections B2, C2, C3 and D3 of our Get Japan map of Tokyo in spring/summer 2015:
Saké Ichishima-ya is a family store selling bottles of tasty regional whisky, nihonshu and shochu since 1908! Top choice from small Japanese breweries…
- Bottle of saké (720 mL): 1000-4000 yens
- Bottle of saké (1.8 L): 2000-5000 yens
Open: 09:00-20:00 (Sunday and public holidays: closed)
Phone: (+81) 03-3261-5028
Credit cards: Unavailable.
Saké Ichishima-ya is the specialist shop 8 in the section B2 of our Get Japan map of Tokyo in spring/summer 2015:
Go near Suidobashi station in Tokyo to find high-quality iaido and bamboo swords, kendo armours (tailored), related equipment, books…
- Practice sword for iaido: 31000-212000 yens
- Full kendo armour set: 45000-1060000 yens
Open: 11:00-19:00 (Sunday and public holidays: 11:00-18:00)
Phone: (+81) 03-3815-0411
Credit cards: Accepted.
Shobu-do-sangyo is the specialist shop 11 in the section B2 of our Get Japan map of Tokyo in spring/summer 2015:
Our French travel manager Sébastien Duval is back at Travel Stand Japan, fully refreshed by his holidays in France! You can benefit from Yes in Japan full services (activities and tours in Tokyo, consulting, flights, reservations, translation, planning of trips to Kyoto or Osaka…) in English, French and Japanese language if you visit our travel agency near Hotel Niwa Tokyo and Suidobashi station in Tokyo’s Chiyoda ward.
Nago Café closed permanently tonight. It is a pity because the Japanese chef Tsugumi NASHIRO cooked delicious Okinawan cuisine at this restaurant…
Check our selection of best restaurants in Chiyoda ward to eat great Japanese food near Jimbocho subway station or Suidobashi train station. For other areas, see the Yes in Japan list of selected restaurants in Tokyo 🙂
Traditional Japan before your eyes in Tokyo near Suidobashi and Ochanomizu train stations! Raw and grilled fish, saké, samurai swords, kendo armours, traditional everyday objects, and a Japanese garden with beautiful flowers and leaves… For this autumn and winter, Yes in Japan recommends you:
- Hanaya, restaurant with staff in kimono serving seasonal fish, crab, shells…
- Ippo, “izakaya” restaurant with fish, meat and Japanese alcohol!
- Saké Ichishimaya, liquor store with selected bottles of nihonshu and shochu.
- Shobu-do-sangyo, specialist store with kendo armours, bamboo & iaido swords…
- Sankei-shoten, Japanese antique and art dealer.
- Koishikawa Korakuen Garden, splendid in autumn thanks to its maple trees 🙂
Try these exceptional shops and the garden if you stay at a hotel/ryokan in Bunkyo ward or Chiyoda ward, study Japanese at a language school in Suidobashi, or visit the nearby Tokyo Dome City or Jimbocho Book Town!
At lunch, we savoured a black cabbage and pork stew with Italian-style bread in Tokyo at Nago café. You can enjoy this special dish until Saturday 11 October 2014!
1000 yens (= 9.1 Dollars = 7.3 Euros) per person well spent 🙂
Nago café is a restaurant in Chiyoda ward, just a few minutes walk from Jimbocho and Suidobashi stations, Travel Stand Japan, Hotel Niwa Tokyo, Hotel Villa Fontaine Kudanshita, and Hotel Villa Fontaine Jimbocho (F4 on our Yes in Japan map):
This summer, the Yes in Japan team gives 47% discount coupons to use at Mamekohboh coffee shops in Tokyo city! Your cup of hot coffee costs 100 yens instead of 190 yens in September 2014 (autumn coupons coming soon)… Mamekohboh stores are great to drink black coffee from many countries in Tokyo’s Chiyoda ward 🙂
Use our coupons at Mamekohboh shops east of Jimbocho station, west of Jimbocho station, west of Kanda station, or south of Suidobashi station.
To get Japanese coupons, visit or contact our travel agency in Tokyo (we are negotiating diverse ways to give free discounts). Enjoy your coffee in Japan!
The Yes in Japan team met tonight at Travel Stand Japan to draft its free brochure about Tokyo’s Chiyoda ward for autumn 2014. 25% bigger than in summer and more useful for tourism, its map should cover most of the north of Chiyoda ward: Yasukuni shrine west, Imperial garden south, Akihabara east, and Tokyo Dome city north. Highlighting the Book Town and Electric Town, it should indicate the location of subway/train stations: Akihabara, Awajicho, Iidabashi, Jimbocho, Kanda, Kudanshita, Ochanomizu, Ogawamachi, Shin-ochanomizu, Suidobashi and Takebashi.
This second map should inform about:
- More bars, coffee shops and restaurants (especially more diverse Japanese food). We are preparing English menus for some partners 🙂
- More souvenir/gift shops and specialist stores for shopping.
- Prices, discounts, offers, and possibility to pay by credit card.
- Activities, experiences and tours.
- Christian churches, Shinto shrines, museums, places for money exchange…
- Events such as festivals and martial arts tournaments in October, November and December 2014.
Download our online map of Chiyoda and tell us if a special place is missing… then use our latest version when you visit Japan 🙂
We distributed 20.000 Yes in Japan maps of Tokyo Jimbocho printed in English on A3 paper at hotels, shops, cultural centres, and special events in Tokyo this summer to help travellers, support local businesses, and promote tourism in Chiyoda ward (Jimbocho is its northern part). Many foreign tourists walked holding the map and the local community gave us much positive feedback! After seeing the digital version below, do you have suggestions or comments for an extended “Autumn 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho? What information do you wish for your first/next visit there?
Our “Summer 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho features hotels, subway/train station exits, Christian churches, Shinto shrines, post offices, and police stations. It also includes a calendar (flea market, martial arts tournaments…) and recommends:
- Activities & tours: Buddha Bellies Cooking School, Yes in Japan.
- Doctor: Natural care Suidobashi outpatient centre.
- Gift, souvenirs & specialists stores: Bumpodo, Ohya-shobo, Okuno-karuta, Sankei-shoten, Shobu-do-sangyo, Yamagataya-kamiten, Yamatoya-hakimono-ten.
- Nighttime: Jazz Olympus!, Ony’s bar.
- Restaurants: Hanaya, Ippo, Loving Hut, Muusa, Nago café, Otsumami-kaasan, Sapana Suidobashi-ten, Tempura Hachimaki.
Note: You can always download for free the latest Yes in Japan map of Jimbocho “Book Town”.