Popular life and culture in Japan’s capital city near Jimbocho, Awajicho, Ogawamachi and Shin-ochanomizu stations! Delicious Japanese food and tea, unique clothing, popular entertainment, and Shinto nightlife! For your autumn/winter 2014, the Yes in Japan team recommends:
- Tempura Hachimaki, Japanese restaurant serving tempura (fried seafood and vegetables) since 1931!
- Mokuchi Jimbocho, Japanese restaurant serving chicken fried in rice oil.
- Marebito tea house, teahouse with a wide choice of green tea including matcha.
- Ony’s, shop selling accessories and clothes including kimono-style shirts!
- Jinbocho theater, perfect to watch old Japanese films in Tokyo.
- Library of Manga & Subculture built in memory of Yoshihiro Yonezawa, with a free exhibition and hundreds of thousands of books…
- Ota-hime Inari Shrine, a rare Shinto shrine lit up at night.
Visit these popular shops and cultural centres if you study/work near Awajicho, sleep at a hotel in Tokyo’s Chiyoda ward, or walk in the nearby gardens of the Imperial Palace 🙂