Discover Japanese lucky charms and eat delicious Japanese vegetables & desserts with us 🙂 Meet our lively tour guide at Kamakura JR train station (or at your hotel in Tokyo metropolis or Yokohama city) then walk and ride a cute train in Japan’s ancient capital city Kamakura to see, touch and listen to diverse Shinto & Buddhist talismans and votive (prayer) plaques.
Explaining in good English, the French collector of “omamori” lucky charms Sébastien Duval (our certified guide) will certainly make you think differently about the life & thoughts of Japanese people! Looking for a new job? Anxious about your safety during your trip? Excited to see a strawberry that makes dreams come true? Find a surprising lucky charm for you or to give to somebody back in your country…
This 1-day tour by Yes in Japan is suitable for vegans, vegetarians, and many other people with restrictions on their food & drinks due to their faith 🙂
Learn more about this tour and reserve before you travel to Japan in 2017, 2018, 2019…:
Following its map of Tokyo “North of the Imperial Palace” for spring/summer 2015, the Yes in Japan team is preparing a great map of Tokyo “East of the Imperial Palace” for summer/autumn 2015. Help us make our map even more interesting and useful by suggesting types of services, restaurants, stores, or Japanese products you would like to see on it before the end of May! Our inbound travel manager recently detailed his preferences but any other idea for foreign adults or children in Japan is welcome 🙂
This free walking and shopping map in English language including the subway/train stations of Ginza, Hibiya, Mitsukoshi-mae, Nihombashi, Otemachi, Shimbashi, Tokyo, Toranomon, Tsukiji, and Yurakucho will be available online and will be distributed at local hotels in Chiyoda, Chuo and Minato wards…
The Yes in Japan team met tonight at Travel Stand Japan to draft its free brochure about Tokyo’s Chiyoda ward for autumn 2014. 25% bigger than in summer and more useful for tourism, its map should cover most of the north of Chiyoda ward: Yasukuni shrine west, Imperial garden south, Akihabara east, and Tokyo Dome city north. Highlighting the Book Town and Electric Town, it should indicate the location of subway/train stations: Akihabara, Awajicho, Iidabashi, Jimbocho, Kanda, Kudanshita, Ochanomizu, Ogawamachi, Shin-ochanomizu, Suidobashi and Takebashi.
This second map should inform about:
- More bars, coffee shops and restaurants (especially more diverse Japanese food). We are preparing English menus for some partners 🙂
- More souvenir/gift shops and specialist stores for shopping.
- Prices, discounts, offers, and possibility to pay by credit card.
- Activities, experiences and tours.
- Christian churches, Shinto shrines, museums, places for money exchange…
- Events such as festivals and martial arts tournaments in October, November and December 2014.
Download our online map of Chiyoda and tell us if a special place is missing… then use our latest version when you visit Japan 🙂
We distributed 20.000 Yes in Japan maps of Tokyo Jimbocho printed in English on A3 paper at hotels, shops, cultural centres, and special events in Tokyo this summer to help travellers, support local businesses, and promote tourism in Chiyoda ward (Jimbocho is its northern part). Many foreign tourists walked holding the map and the local community gave us much positive feedback! After seeing the digital version below, do you have suggestions or comments for an extended “Autumn 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho? What information do you wish for your first/next visit there?
Our “Summer 2014” map of Tokyo Jimbocho features hotels, subway/train station exits, Christian churches, Shinto shrines, post offices, and police stations. It also includes a calendar (flea market, martial arts tournaments…) and recommends:
- Activities & tours: Buddha Bellies Cooking School, Yes in Japan.
- Doctor: Natural care Suidobashi outpatient centre.
- Gift, souvenirs & specialists stores: Bumpodo, Ohya-shobo, Okuno-karuta, Sankei-shoten, Shobu-do-sangyo, Yamagataya-kamiten, Yamatoya-hakimono-ten.
- Nighttime: Jazz Olympus!, Ony’s bar.
- Restaurants: Hanaya, Ippo, Loving Hut, Muusa, Nago café, Otsumami-kaasan, Sapana Suidobashi-ten, Tempura Hachimaki.
Note: You can always download for free the latest Yes in Japan map of Jimbocho “Book Town”.